Tuesday, March 31, 2020


Consider the Mountains
By Julie Lavender



Nothing proclaims God's majesty to me quite like a view of the mountains. The mountains seem to proclaim God's might. To fashion such a monstrous, solid, fortifying mass of earth shows his power and majesty. 

Though I can't take a walk to the mountains in my current confinement, I can visualize them from my south Georgia home and remember past walks with God there. 





Just like I can't see the hope that I'm holding onto right now during these trying times, but yet I know that hope is there. My God remains mighty, solid, faithful, true, powerful, and majestic. 









God will prevail. Nothing catches Him by surprise - this virus certainly didn't. I know God is in control, and I'm hanging onto that thought. My help comes from Him and Him alone. I trust that. 








And until things change, I'll hang onto the mountains in my mind and God in my heart. 








4 comments:

  1. Beautiful images. God gives us the most wonderful sights and sounds to enjoy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Melissa God gave us such amazing and stunning sights! It's flat where I live, so I especially love visiting the mountains!!

      Delete
  2. Oh how I've enjoyed this post Ms. Julie. I was reminded of how I sometimes would close my eyes and imagine God creating our world. His fingers carved out the rivers and valleys. His hand would grab the formless earth and create the mountain peaks. He gently sat each tree info place, filled the oceans with a mighty breath. Oh the majesty of His creation. The mountains, this world, the vastness of the universe remind me of how great my God is! Thank you for giving me a few moments to revel in His majesty ma'am. God's blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. J.D., you have painted such a beautiful picture in my mind! Our God is the marvelous creator God and I adore all of his creations! And the vastness of the mountains I"ve visited - and I do hope I'll see more one day - truly do remind me of how great our God is!

    ReplyDelete