Friday, December 14, 2018


GUEST BLOGGER

My guest today is Carla Pollard. Carla and I were online writer-friends for several months before we had the opportunity to meet in person. She traveled a wee bit south and I traveled about the same amount of time north to meet in Buford, Georgia for the inaugural Enrich Writers Conference in mid-fall. I was charmed by her sweet, gentle spirit and her love for the Lord. I think you'll enjoy her inspiration below as much as I did, and I know you'll love other writings on her site. Visit her at www.carlagpollard.com.  







The Lord is Still There

“The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave
 you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged” Deut. 31:8 NIV.



We experienced a special event in the heavens on August 21, 2017. There was a total eclipse of the sun. This eclipse was visible near my home on the east coast of the United States. Many family and friends gathered together and made an afternoon of sun-watching, each wearing a pair of NASA-approved sunglasses. These events are rare, but we do experience them from time to time.

I remember as a young child in 1970, I could watch from the window as the sun fell into total darkness. My mother had heard health warnings about viewing the sun during the eclipse. She would not allow me to go outside. She was afraid I would look up and burn my retinas. The newscasters began to broadcast these same warnings regarding our recent event. As the moon passes between the earth and the sun blocking its light, the sun still wields tremendous power. The sun’s rays can blind and burn through the darkness.

Like an eclipsed sun, darkness can overshadow our lives. Those are times we may begin to feel all alone. During our most difficult days it is easy to think we are separated from God and His power. Even though critical circumstances, opposing people, and unexpected events may try to blind us to the Lord’s presence, He is still there. He is still working on our behalf. He is still wielding His power and is well-able to fulfill His promises to us. Like the moon which cannot stop the potent sunbeams, our darkest trials cannot extinguish the Lord. His word lets me know that darkness is like light to Him.

“Even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you” Psalm 139:12 NIV.

When uncertainty and doubt try to block the Father’s light, remember that He sees through the night and into your heart. The darkness must give way to His power. He knows and cares about all that concerns you. 




If you set your spiritual sight on God, like the sun shining on the other side of the moon, you will discover the power and person of the Lord is still there (Jehovah-Shammah).






Dear Father, Thank You for the promise that You will never leave me nor forsake me. As your child I can count your strength and power to help me through the tough trails that tempt me to forget your presence in every circumstance. Help me to continue to look to You no matter what may try to come between us. In Jesus’ Name, I pray. Amen.






Author's bio:
Carla Pollard is a freelance Christian speaker, writer and Professional Christian Life Coach. Carla has a deep passion to reach others with a message of hope. Through her ministry, Created to Climb (C2C), she helps area shelters, and women and children in need, by providing personal hygiene products, school supplies, and winter wear.

An encourager at heart, Carla’s teachings focus on breaking the chains of sadness, fear, and rejection enabling others to live lives filled with God’s love, acceptance, and affirmation. Her works have appeared in CBN Daily Devotions, Power for Living, The Bible Advocate, Together with God and P31 Woman magazine. Her motto is “Please be faithful to Jesus; He’s faithful to you.”

You may enjoy keeping up with Carla through her blog at www.carlagpollard.com and on Facebook, and Twitter.


5 comments:

  1. I've always loved Psalm 139. It brings such hope and comfort. Carla, I love your connection from the eclipse to God's strength, power, and love for us. "In Him there is no darkness." I'm envious and wish we had been in the path of the total eclipse. Awesome experience. Enjoyed your post Carla and wishing Grandma Julie congratulations and joy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carla, thank you for this powerful reminder in your analogy:
    "Like the moon which cannot stop the potent sunbeams, our darkest trials cannot extinguish the Lord. His word lets me know that darkness is like light to Him." You reminded us to look for His light.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katherine - We were in the path such that we should have seen some of the eclipse, and my newspaper editor assigned me the story of getting quotes from some middle school kids. Wellllll - it was so overcast, we saw nothing!! But, it was still a great learning experience for the kids, and one cute quote we included in the paper was something like, "Now I'm going to have to wait 37 years to see this!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeannie - I love that NOTHING can extinguish the Lord! On some days, it seems hard to see the light through our trials, but it is comforting to know that whether we can see it at that moment or not, His light will always always be there!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post, thanks for giving us nice info.Fantastic Good Post
    walk-through. I appreciate this post.

    ReplyDelete