Sunday, May 31, 2020


A Dozen Days in June to Celebrate God's Creativity
By Julie Lavender




Ever since my kids were little, I've loved an excuse to celebrate silly holidays. I usually worked the holiday inito our lesson plans in some fashion, and we celebrated accordingly. 


Every day is a gift from God, a day that's meant for rejoicing, a day of gladness.




Rejoicing comes easy for me when I'm outdoors, surrounded by God's creativity. The world may be troubled around me, but God's creations remind me that He is holy and perfect and GOOD. And worth celebrating! 



Celebrate God and rejoice in His goodness with these June holidays. Look for His creations while you're outside and give thanks for His creativity. 















4 comments:

  1. Love your photos and words. Amen. God gives us beautiful creations to enjoy. Have a blessed day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry I didn't respond earlier, Melissa! We went on vacation and I forgot to check back! We got to enjoy some of God's beautiful creations in the north Georgia mountains, and it was wonderful! The fireflies were everywhere! Way more prolific than here, so we had so much fun with that! And we saw a couple of groundhogs. We don't have those here!

      Delete
  2. Oh how I love the way you seek joy every day Ms. Julie. What a wonderful attitude to have ma'am. We must find ways to see God in our lives everyday. I'm with you ma'am! One of the best ways I know of is to get out there in the natural world He so lovingly created for us. The rocks and the hills truly do call out to us His glory don't they? We can find joy if we spend all our free time glued to the television set watching the world destroy itself. Well said author!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much, J.D., for your kind words! As I told Melissa above, we got to go on a vacation with the ENTIRE family, to the north Georgia mountains, and it was so wonderful to be together. But, my mind forgot to come back and check comments after we returned from vacation. I do enjoy finding God in the "little" things, J.D. Sometimes it's easy for me to see God in the huge things - and, when I really think about it, if God is in it - it's always HUGE and magnificent. However, because it can be easy to overlook God in the smaller things, that makes me even more want to seek Him out that way, because I believe He is a part of every aspect of my life, big or little. And, you know how I feel about seeing God in nature, so that's always my favorite!!

    ReplyDelete