Saturday, February 15, 2020

Heading to a conference this year?
By Julie Lavender




With writers conference season on the horizon, my monthly post on The Writers Conversation references my walk with God and journey to publication with Revell for my parenting book, 365 Ways to Love Your Child: Turning Little Moments into Lasting Memories. While writing my post on Groundhog Day, with the movie by the same name playing on a random television station in the background, I found some interesting correlations to my writing trek and meteorologist's Phil Connors', aka Bill Murray's, experiences during his day on repeat. I would be honored if you'd read the whole post here and add to the conversation on Edie Melson's site. 

Here's my bullet points for the post, "Writers on Repeat: Don't Give Up!" - my comparisons of the lessons learned by Connors to what I've learned at conferences in the past.   


1. Be nice to others.

2. Make the most of your time.

3. Keep trying new things to get the job done.

4. Don't give up. 

I hope to see lots of you at a conference or two in the next couple of months. Until then, blessings on your writing journey! 

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful post then; and just as great the second time reading it. Sure hope God allows us to visit at BRMCWC this year my friend. Until that day, be safe and remember how much God loves you ma'am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here, J.D. - I'm really looking forward to Blue Ridge, and I don't have any conflicts this time, like Enrich, so I hope we'll have time to visit for sure! Until that time, I'm praying for God's hand on your ranch, your family, and the words you put to paper! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete