Friday, December 7, 2018


Special post from Guideposts.org, Part 2

Many of you know that I was blessed to be chosen as one of eleven winners of the Guideposts Writing Contest in 2014. That blessing took me to Rye, New York for a week-long class to learn how to write for Guideposts Publications. We had lengthy, intense sessions with many of the New York Guideposts editors, and we became part of the Guideposts family during that precious week. It was truly a blessing and dream-come-true to learn how to write inspirational stories for a magazine that I've enjoyed for years.

I enjoyed sharing some of my nature pictures recently at https://www.guideposts.org. I'd like to share a couple of those shots and thoughts below, and I'll share more on another day. I would be honored if you check out the entire slideshow here

Please enjoy a couple of God's masterpieces below and thanks in advance for visiting the Guideposts website to see the others in my collection. 



Life Lessons Learned from Nature (Part 2)
by Julie Lavender



Painted Lady Butterfly

The painted lady butterfly has one of the longest known butterfly migrations, according to sciencenews.org. Found in many locations around the world, the painted lady butterflies that live in southern Europe migrate all the way to Africa in the fall, a distance of almost seven thousand, five hundred miles!
The painted lady butterfly reminds me that every journey begins with a flap of the wings, that first step. It may be a long journey, but with determination, I’ll get there.


Waterfall

Over time and with repetition, even something as soft as water can carve out the rock layers underneath the waterfall and form deep canyons.
Sometimes great things take time and persistence!
Thank you, God, for your stunning creations! You are the awesome creator-God. Your masterpieces amaze me continuously, and I delight in learning the lessons you teach me with your handiwork. 

Psalm 104:24 (KJV) 
"O, Lord, how manifold are thy works! In wisdom hast thou made them all; the earth is full of they riches." 

No comments:

Post a Comment